Blog Picture

Blog Picture

Monday, October 7, 2013

A Little Incentive

Several days ago I put these pictures up on our refrigerator:


to encourage the girls to get ready for General Conference and to refresh their memories about who would be speaking to us.  I printed doubles of the cards as photos from Costco, and I got them from this link.

I used them at church to teach the Primary age children, and we did an activity where the older group raced to match names to faces, so I covered the names with white paper.

Then I challenged ALL of our girls (including Kensington and Emery) to learn ALL of their names.  I know they can do this because Raleigh knew all of the presidents of the church when she was a year and a half!  I promised to make them this dessert when they have ALL learned them.  

Raleigh and Madeline pretty much already knew them to begin with, but now they are experts!  Kensington and Emery can say the middle initial plus the last name if we tell them the first name, and they both have learned five on their own.  It's been pretty fun. 

When we listened to Conference over the weekend, Emery had her little stack of cards and matched the face on the screen with the people in her pile.  It was awesome.  And whenever another speaker came up who was not in the stack, Kensington pulled out the Conference edition of the Ensign six months ago to match faces.

I think we have a new tradition on our hands . . . 

And I love these girls.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great way to watch Conference! Way to go girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ode to My Granddaughters
    I have five Granddaughters living down South, they live in a cottage, you could call it a house.
    So much beauty and talent is rarely found, yet when they are quite there is hardly a sound.
    Their mother and father are parents that care, and their father, still has all of his hair, because of his ancestry this quite rare.
    Now these Granddaughters enjoy a pizza feast, yet if you sit beside them you might eat the least.
    They always want to dine at the Olive Garden they eat so must salad the restaurant wishes they had a garden. They love the bread sticks and eat them all night, this is their beauty because they are so polite.
    I hope when you read this you will understand their Grandpa is their biggest FAN.
    Now a miracle just happened a couple of days ago, the newest Granddaughter just got exposed.
    Her name is Natalie Kate a 7 pound beauty, yet I am her Grandfather this is my duty.
    Now please don't seem me overly proud, yet I miss my Granddaughters and their mother and father, hopefully when I go see them I will not be a bother.
    Their Mother is a person of perfection, she can dance on concert she can dance on clay, yet her dance of perfection is dancing ballet.
    Their father is a rare kind of man, a great athlete; he is an “I can do it” kind of a man.
    Now I hope you can see my love is eternal, maybe someday they will put this in their journal.
    This is a poem to show that I care for my five Granddaughts with hair so fair.
    It’s hard to express my love and admiration for a family with five Granddaughters; it is time for my salutation.
    So let me finish with my melodic verses, someday my Granddaughters will all carry purses, and when I get old I'll have my choice of nurses.
    To everyone reading this near and far, hopefully when I go see them I can still drive a car.
    I promise that this will be my last line; I love those Granddaughters any old time.

    Love,

    Grandpa

    ReplyDelete