Blog Picture

Blog Picture

Friday, September 6, 2013

Our Good Girl

One day during the summertime before school started up again, Madeline wrote something on the calendar.  I asked her what she was doing (messing with my calendar), and she told me, "I was trying to have more sincere prayers like you asked us to do, and I felt prompted to do something, and I didn't want to forget, so I wrote it on the calendar."

Oh.

How can you say, "No," to that?

"Help Justice, Pranav, and Spencer feel included."

That was several weeks ago. 

Then Tuesday night we were having scripture study, and Madeline shared an experience where she stood up for Spencer at school that day.  He is a boy who was in her first grade class at a different elementary school, and she took him under her wing there because he is a little different from the rest of the kids.  

Madeline with her 1st Grade teacher and Spencer


She spoke up when another kid was trying to get him in trouble.  Afterwards, Spencer thanked her.


Thanks, Madeline, for teaching me.

I love you!

3 comments:

  1. Way to go Madeline. Always stand up for those that can't. Always act when prompted by the spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet girl! Thanks for being so WONDERFUL Madeline! I hope Jaxson has a friend like that when he goes to school. He will be different from all the other kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful young lady, inside and out! What a blessing Madeline is those around her! Love you Madeline!

    ReplyDelete