Blog Picture

Blog Picture

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Grandpa Van's Viewing


Early this year I spent the best few days in Kaysville, Utah, for my Grandpa Van's funeral.  

I love a good funeral.

It was such a great reunion where I felt the spirit of family and the blessing of being able to honor one of my personal heroes.  All of the siblings were able to make it except for my brother Jess.  We missed him a lot.  (One side note: my Grandpa Van was Jess' best man at his wedding.  I have always thought that was the coolest thing to have your grandpa as your best man.  And it was awesome!)


Dionne, David, Rikki, Nate
 My Step-Grandma, LaRue, who is always so poised and gracious, had been a champ taking care of my grandpa in his last days with Alzheimer's.  She is an angel.

My uncle Kevin was inspired to give each of the kids and grandkids a special Christmas gift, which was my favorite of all the gifts I received: a life sketch of my grandpa, including pictures and stories. It was so touching and is still a special treasure.  And it was a blessing to have it when Grandpa Van died just three days after Christmas.

LaRue and Her Daughter (whose name I cannot think of right now- Tonya?), Kevin, Barb
My Great Aunt and Cousins-Once-Removed with Friends from Georgia who made it to the wedding: Cindy Spain and the Moores 
Nate-the-Photo-Bomber!
Mom with her sister, aunt, and cousins
One of the best parts for me was to spend time with my sister Rikki and my Aunt Pat - two of my favorite people in the world.  And it made me so happy to see them loving our new baby!

Rikki, Natalie, and Aunt Pat

Baby Love



Dad and his brother Steve

All of Us Minus Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment