Blog Picture

Blog Picture

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Natalie's Baby Blessing, Mom's Birthday, and Ray and Lisa Visit - December 2013


For a couple of months before Natalie was born, I decided to myself that I would break from tradition and have Natalie blessed in her Great Grandma's (Nana, my mom's mother's) baby blessing dress, which my mom had passed on to me a few years back.  

Each of our other girls wore the same beautiful dress my mom made for their blessings, so this was quite a break from tradition.

Just a couple of days before the blessing, we found out that Grandpa Van (my mom's dad) was in a very poor state of health and that he most likely wouldn't last through the week.  What a bittersweet moment it was for me as we left for church that Sunday morning to find out that he had passed away the night before, and we would blessing Natalie in his wife's dress, who died several years ago.

They were and still are so special to me.

My mom and I cried together in the mother's room as we dressed Miss Natalie.


Natalie and Uncle Dave

A Proud Papa





Three Generations



Natalie and Grandma

Three Generations

Mom put on a happy face and genuinely enjoyed spending her birthday with us, even though she had just found out about her dad.  We made a special cheesecake for her, which still tasted good, even though it wasn't done in the center!




Afterwards we relaxed with Ray and Lisa before they had to go back home to Kentucky.  We always enjoy their visits!



No comments:

Post a Comment