Blog Picture

Blog Picture

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

This little girl of ours is such a treasure.


Madeline is an old soul with a heart as big as Texas.
She wants to please everyone - not in the insecure kind of way - because she has more confidence than any girl her age I know . . . 
But she genuinely wants to use her gifts and talents to bless others.

As I told her when I kissed her goodnight Sunday, "Thank you for being so helpful today.  You bless my life!"

My happiest moments of parenting come when I see these girls grow more and more into capable women.  This past summer we worked really hard.  Since we only had a few short months together of all-day time, a lot of our time away from the pool was spent learning life skills (because I needed lots of help, and these girls are great helpers).

Madeline was a champ.

This girl knows how to wash dishes by hand - even when she's grumpy - (wearing high heels makes it all better!)  She can make fresh guacamole, fresh tortillas, and from-scratch chicken taquitos.  We were on a Mexican kick.  She saved the day when I was down with a migraine, and she made us all dinner.

And now she's back at school, and I miss her happy help!

Madeline is one of those kids who likes to be around the adults more than the kids.  She makes the perfect teacher's pet, and once again this year, that's what she is. 

Kensington and Madeline after school on the First Day 2013
It's been fun to see Kensington and Madeline become little buddies all over again because now they ride the bus together.  Usually Raleigh takes on the role of "big sister" to everyone, but now it's Madeline's turn to be the wise, all-knowing-one.

Madeline, can you just stay nine years old forever??

2 comments:

  1. OK, I LOVE your new blog!! You guys have the sweetest family! Of course you do, you and dal are some of the sweetest people I know! I miss those girls, it made my heart so happy to see all of you and to get so many hugs from all of my nieces and nephews! I can't wait for Jax to meet you all, one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post! Each of the girls are a special blessing with unique talents and gifts. I love that each is appreciated and encouraged to magnify their special features. Of course, their parents are a special blessing to them and to all of us with their own unique talents and gifts that they so willingly share with everyone!!

    We love all of you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete